Galactomyces Essence

on
Friday, January 23, 2015
Hey wonderful bumblebees! Happy new year!! First post of the year, I hope I didn't disappoint you for being MIA and abandoning the #BLOGMAS. I'm so sorry. Mianhaeyo~ That's why one of my resolutions this year is to blog more (with quality of course). LOL. Don't you think time flies so fast? A bit too fast than before. Is it only me but it really feels like it passes very quickly after I started blogging last year.

My first post in 2015 is about my favorite facial essence. So I've been using Secret Key Starting Treatment Essence since early 2014, not clearly remember the month, but I did repurchased last December cause I used up the whole bottle!

Well, there are so many other Korean brands out there who produce this galactomyces contained essence actually. I wonder why I picked Secret Key in the first place as it was honestly an impulsive buying back then. This kind of treatment essence wasn't new to me, I tried the one from Missha before, sample size though.

Secret Key Starting Treatment Essence Rose
Secret Key Starting Treatment Essence (Limited Edition).

Description: Whitening and anti-wrinkle line which contains 94% galactomyces, one of the yeast ferment filtrates. It is not only the source of the nutrition, but also has an outstanding moisturizing effect for the skin. Free of parabens, animal oils, benzophenone, flavoring, coloring, triethanolamine, mineral oil, phenoxyethanol, alcohol, and sulfates.

Secret Key Starting Treatment EssenceSecret Key Starting Treatment Essence ingredients
Descriptions in Korean and ingredients.

Please note that I don't think this product would work as amazing if I didn't do the other skin regimen such as cleansing, exfoliating, toning, etc. This essence claims to brighten and prevent wrinkles, I do see the brightening effect, but not yet the anti-wrinkle as I'm only in my early 20s. I believe it requires a long term commitment if you want to prove whether it can prevent or reduce the wrinkle.

Let's get to the review, this essence has watery and runny texture so I'd use a cotton pad and just dab it around my face. Some people might think that pouring some into the palm and pat it on the face would save the product more, but well if you're doing it that way, make sure your hands are clean.

The rose edition doesn't have any scent at all! I was surprised 'cause I thought there would be a slight rosey scent at least. On the other hand, the original edition has a quite distinguishable scent, not to the extend it's unpleasant anyways.

Packaging wise, it's made of glass, kind of heavy, therefore I definitely don't recommend this for traveling as 150ml is the only size they have. Not sure if it's going to leak, but it's rather inconvenient for me to bring this stuff.

When I run out of the original STE, I didn't restock it right away because I had to wait for the pre-order. Thus, I stopped using it for awhile, almost a month, and surely there was no sign of breakout. Honestly, I prefer this rose edition because it is odorless and it absorbs to skin more quickly. I think that's because the watery texture, it's not like the other one isn't watery, but the texture of this one is more like real water. Not to mention, the packaging looks exclusive with gold cap.

Secret Key Starting Treatment Essence Limited Edition
The rose edition contains 150ml, it's a tad lesser than the original one, 155ml.

It took me like half a year to finish the first bottle. However, these days I've tried to be more generous when it comes to skincare, that's why in this picture you couldn't see the shadow of the remaining essence anymore. I've finished one third of it in just a month. Muahaha!

Price: IDR 185k

---
Feels like the K-drama gods are so kind lately. Because all the good looking men are on TV! On Mon-Tue we have this hottie Ji ChangWook. Just new in, Wed-Thu drama we have HyunBin, I have had a huge crush on him since A Millionaire's First Love! And lastly on Friday, with 2 episodes in a day, we have Jaejoongieee aka the most good looking human I've ever seen in person.

Usually when a drama ends, I'd feel sad, the kind of empty feeling you know. However, that wasn't the case for Pinocchio! I did a little talk about the drama before, it was a lovely drama to catch up but I mustn't be the only one who wanted the drama to end a little sooner as I saw HyunBin in those upcoming drama previews, right? x_x Thankfully they aired episode 18 and 19 on the same day so that Hyde, Jekyll, Me would premiere on schedule.

KBS Healer OST:
Michael Learns To Rock - Eternal Love.
Tei - What My Eyes Say.

SBS Hyde, Jekyll, Me OST:
Park BoRam - Falling.

KBS Spy OST:

Jungyup - Shadow.

Zia - Stardust.

Mind to share what are you currently watching in this dramaland? :D
 photo ODB A BEAUTY BLOG SIGN_zpsevlfleqo.png
49 comments on "Galactomyces Essence"
  1. from the look, i guess it will be nice. nice blog. i am following your blog, please follow back. http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. the bottle looks like a very high-end product <33

    cheer, michelle
    http://livedreammagic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. i do love secret key too! but they re quite pricey for me lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah this sounds amazing, I'd love to try it! The ingredients sound really kind to skin, such a bonus that it's free of nasties such as parabens :) x

    The Belle Narrative

    ReplyDelete
  5. This essence sounds just wonderful!
    As you know, I'm all about The Healer lately :) The wait in between eps is just excruciating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! And there's no preview yet for eps 15! :O

      Delete
  6. This sounds great! Any idea if the brand is available in Canada?

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think so.. However, you can purchase it online. W2Beauty or Ibuybeauti may have this product ^^

      Delete
  7. GREAT share! This seems like such an awesome product.. love what is NOT in it!!

    xoxo

    Kaley

    My Closet Life Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never heard of the brand Secret Key before, but I do like the sounds of these. The packaging looks really pretty too! :)

    Olivia x
    Beauty from the Fjord

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never heard of this, but I am so thankful you posted it. I may have to try this

    Kay of Pure & Complex
    www.purecomplex.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Mitch!

    Thanks for sharing your thoughts about this product!
    I haven't tried it yet but I bet they'll be doing good on skin. I've used some Korean brands, and they're really impressive such as this one though some are quite pricey hihi..

    Hope you're having a great weekend!

    xo,
    Jhem | JhemSays.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree some Korean brands are quite pricey, but there are affordable ones too with great quality as well ^^
      Have a great weekend too, Jhem!

      Delete
  11. hi, you have cool blog design :)

    xx http://chilloututd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never tried an essence before, I definitely need to try it!

    http://floralemilyy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. The presentation of this product is so chic - thanks for the brand introduction!

    aglassofice.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never heard of Secret Key before. The design of the bottle is really nice!
    Oh the OST songs are really nice! Thanks for sharing them :D
    Celestial Star

    ReplyDelete
  15. Never seen that product here before... There are too many Korean beauty brands, I can't even keep up lol. I like how it doesn't contain paraben etc.

    So you watch Hyde Jekyll Me? I watch Kill Me Heal Me though... why must both of them be on the same day? T_T

    gabbythegabby.blogspot.kr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I just looked it up and apparently I couldn't find their store location in Korea. Perhaps Secret Key is an online store.
      Yesss, but HJM first two episodes didn't live up to my expectation, I wasn't hooked on you know T-T I heard the storyline of KMHM similar to HJM, is it even better? I saw one of Ji Sung's characters wearing eyeliner LOL

      Delete
  16. Really great, honest review - you are right, the glass bottles would make it a heavier item to take travelling with you. It is lovely and pretty though.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Followed you already.
    I like the packaging, it's so elegant.
    It does not look like Korean product (usually Korean product is cute and lovely right?)

    Have a good day.
    xo
    Angel
    BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like a nice product!
    I LOVED Pinocchio! It was such a great drama <3 I'm currently watching Birth of a Beauty, and I'm planning in starting Hyde, Jekyll and Me after :)

    Suzy
    pret-tea.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's a nice one , never heard of this line, but should give it a try!

    Tanya
    www.stripesnvibes.com
    BlogLovin

    ReplyDelete
  20. This looks like a really beautiful product, essence isn't as know here in the UK but I need to find a way and get my hands on some, it sounds lovely haha!

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ayyyy, welcome back and Happy New Year! Never heard of galactomyces essence before, but then again, ASIAN SKINCARE HAS ALL THESE WEIRD AND NEW (TO ME) INGREDIENTS.
    I haven't seen a kdrama in so long, but over the weekend, I went to my (blogger) friend's house, and we watched the pilot of 'My Love From The Star', and I have to say that I enjoyed it. She also told me about Pinocchio, so I guess I'll have to check that out too?? (But YES, I USED TO WATCH SO MANY KDRAMAS, AND I'D FEEL SO EMPTY AFTER FINISHING ONE! It is sad though, since it's not like Western tv where shows run for years. Kdramas just come and go and break my heart, man)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Half a year to finish, that's great! I've never hear of this brand. I'll be sure to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Half a year to finish, that's great! I've never heard of this brand before and I'll be sure to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  24. The products look awesome!
    https://blogthebutterfly.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. welcome back !! this sounds like a nice product :)

    www.simplymee89.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hey Mitch! C:
    this seems like a wonderful product I would like to try!
    keep up the good work
    xx

    haneulie.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  27. This products sounds great, thanks for sharing! :)

    Bella Pummarola

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great post, dear. I follow you, could you follow back, pls. Kiss

    http://mylovelyfashionbih.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. This was first time for me to hear the brand but sounds amazing!
    I will definitely check it out when I have chance!

    xxx from Tokyo
    http://lazydirtykitten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I hadn't heard of this product before but I would love to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  31. this product and its pacaging really looks worth the buy but i should never judge a book/product by how it looks as its so hard to not do that as i thinkyour'll agree haha :) x x

    http://millieerosee.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  32. Never heard of this before but I do like Korean products which are hard to find in oz,,,great review looking forward to read more posts on your blog...xxxx
    Makeupmeandyoyo.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  33. Mitch!! Dulu gue coba pake yang original, eh tapi kok pori-pori gue jadi segede kawah gituuu.. akhirnya gue jual deh.. Terus sekarang udah pake etude wonderpore lagi tapi gak balik pori-porinyaaa huhuhu..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HUHU sedih banget van kok bisa malah jadi gede sih pori2nya T_T mungkin saatnya cari toner baru juga kalo wonderpore udah ga mempan *sotoy sih* mesti sering2 maskeran juga van. Semoga pori2mu balik seperti semula.

      Delete
    2. iya nih masih nyari-nyari toner yang kece buat pori-pori gedaqy. Eh bener juga yang gue lagi jarang maskeran nih setaon kemaren! Balik lagi ah pake saripohatji. hihihi

      Delete
  34. Eh betewe gue juga ngerasa waktu jdi lebih cepet sejak gue berusaha buat lebih aktif ngeblog. Kaya waktunya lari-lari dikejar deadline. hahaah

    ReplyDelete
  35. I tried few products from Sceret Key I want gie a try to this
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Aku pakai tapi yang edisi pertamanya, yang tanpa embel2 galactomyces itu~ Sudah hampir 3 bulan, dan sisanya hanya tinggal 1/8 botol LOL Kalau dipikir2 aku pakainya boros juga ya LOL kalau seandainya aku pakai SK-II, bisa kupastikan akan segera bangkrut karena sebentar aja udah harus beli lagi bwakakakaak~

    Penasaran ama tipe yang ini, katanya lebih bagus (?) sama yang gold 24k! Menarik sekali sepertinya sih ya~ TAPI mau habiskan dulu si missha (aku beli missha ukuran besarnya, buat jaga2 kalau secret key yang aku pakai ini habis hihihii)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha iya karena harganya ramah sama kantong jadi pakenya ga tau diri ya. Aku malah ngga pernah denger loh gold 24k kayak apa. Tapi apa ngaruh ya pake gold2 gitu ._. harganya juga pasti jauh lebih mahal.

      Delete
  37. ohh! Thanks for the suggestion! I never thought about how hands may be dirty and applying essence with hands could cause contamination!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. hello , do you still you this essence ? it has two version of it .. can you recommend which one is better to purchase ?? and this essence really okay or not ? Hope u read this .. thankss 😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Nurul. I'm no longer using this treatment essence :x Sorry can't help you answering the question.

      Delete